If learning complex math, arithmetic, or statistics isn’t needed then why introduce Statistical Process Control or SPC for short?
SPC simply put is a quality control method employing statistical methods. Statistical Process Control is applied in order to monitor and control a process. Monitoring and controlling the process ensures that it operates at its full potential and provides many answers to many questions such as:
- Are all the units coming off the line the same?
- If everyone in the room measures the same unit will we all get the same answer?
- If we measure a unit, make an improvement to the process, then measure another unit and see an improvement, has the process actually improved or is it a result of variability in the process
- Should we measure a single unit to make change decisions or to validate product performance?
- If not, how many units should we measure?
What else am I missing? Please comment. Don\’t forget to download one of our SPC templates.