The Field Service Specialist reports to the Customer Support Manager. The FSS is responsible for installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer issues. Ass FSS, you will be team oriented and flexible, and actively contribute to customer knowledgebases.
The FSS will communicate effectively both spoken and written. The FSS shall also possess the ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
• Troubleshooting electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge
• Cross trains on products serviced in the field, and displays proficiency in servicing X-Ray systems.
• Troubleshoots, services, installs and repairs X-Ray equipment at customer sites. Conduct follow up calls with the customer
• Assist with the Sales team in presentations and other revenue-generating opportunities
• Work on special projects with engineering
• Promote Voti’s Field Replaceable Unit program
• Track and verify RMA field returns in order to ensure they are properly diagnosed
• Provide Internet-based and onsite customer training
• Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) activities
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
• Provide software integration and troubleshooting know-how
• Minimum technical diploma of a DEC (electrotech or electro mechanical)
• Must be able to obtain various security clearances
• Candidate must be impassioned to work with electrical, electronic, mechanical, and X-ray components
• 2-5 years experience in servicing industrial systems at customer premises, X-Ray field service troubleshooting repair is a strong asset
• Ability to read and follow electrical and mechanical drawings to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly.
• Is proficient with MS Office, Outlook, and is effective with PowerPoint and Excel
• Occasional travel on short-notice (North America and Europe)
• Must possess a valid driver’s licence
• Must possess a valid Canadian passport
Established in 2008, VOTI is a leading-edge technology company that develops latest-generation x-ray security systems based on breakthrough 3-D perspective technology. VOTI’s technology produces remarkably sharp and more-revealing x-ray images that are competitively superior, while delivering enhanced threat detection capabilities and a vastly-improved user experience.
Since its inception, VOTI has consulted heavily with government agencies and security specialists worldwide to develop feature-rich and easy-to-use scanners that meet the sophisticated needs of modern security screening operations. Our R&D continues to focus on bringing innovative ideas and new technologies together to provide frontline users with clear, discerning information and the tools they need to make quick, accurate decisions.
VOTI’s scanners are ideally suited for security screening at Critical Infrastructures, Correctional Facilities, (e.g. government buildings, embassies, courts, mail rooms and sensitive installations), Ports & Borders, Military Facilities and Transportation nodes (cargo, transit, airports). Delivering competitively superior, cost-effective performance, VOTI’s scanners have drawn interest worldwide and are being actively deployed in North America, Latin America, Europe and the Middle-East.
Contact Jason at email@example.com